20 Stress-Free Ways, The UNTANGLED Girl Prepares For Thanksgiving
3. Turn your phone on silent and hide the laptop under the sofa cushion. (If you follow my rules, it won't
matter that you've put the laptop in a dangerous spot because you won't have time to sit on the couch and
risk crushing your only means of sanity.)
6. Start in ONE room and ONE room only. This CANNOT be the living room or the bedroom because
you run the risk of either sitting on the laptop or accidentally falling on the bed while trying to make it,
and mysteriously falling asleep. For 4 hours...
7. To kill 2 birds with one stone, I suggest starting in the kitchen. I've timed myself before. It takes exactly 2
minutes to unload the dishwasher. Wipe down the counters with Clorox wipes, cut potatoes in half and
put them on to boil. (You can peel them later, noone will know.) Get your turkey out of the fridge and
set in sink.
8. Plug in your vacuum and use attachment to "sweep" okay "suck" entire kitchen floor. Whatever. Don't tell
me I'm the only one on the planet who does this...Put mop in the bathtub and run hot water to clean
kitchen floors. (Ummm hello? The turkey is in the sink...) Pour Mr. Clean and proceed to mop.
9. Move into the bathroom and decide you absolutely ARE NOT cleaning pee off the rim of the toilet
and decide to clean the sink and tub instead, leaving the toilet for your husband.
10. Move into the living room and start picking up toys before remembering your coffee is getting cold.
15. Get back on track by taking the laptop cord and putting it in your car. Don't forget to lock the doors.
16. Clean the rest of the house, throw a load of laundry in before remembering your favorite show is
about to start.
20. Take a shower and crawl into bed at 8pm. (Something you haven't been able to do in the past ten
years because it takes 2 hours to get the kids ready for bed and the kitchen straightened before
you finally throw yourself in the bed sometime after 11pm.)